Thursday 25 August 2016

Laugh at yourself

Morning everyone on this 'manic Monday', 😉
Today I'm sharing a page inspired by fellow DT member Krisy.
She set a very cool challenge over in the Scrap Suite for the monthly cyber crop, create a grungy layout! 





I was inspired a lot by the top right corner picture and I must admit I did tone the grunge down a little, but I had so much fun creating this one.
I actually dug out some mediums that I have not played with for such a long time to create my background.
I started with some stencilling and a few squirts of mist spray, but didn't want to over do the drips. So I used some Perfect Peals flicked around my paper and then flicked water over them and it created this amazing dusting of colour. And it looks a little like graffiti paint right? 



I then flicked black paint around really haphazardly to add to that grunge, unstructured feel.
(But of course it's completely sctructured)



I wanted something slightly feminine on the page with the add of a few flowers, I used one of the hessian flowers and because it was not the right colour I spritzed it black. And it looked so good, and coloured so well.
A bit of twine, some more mini roses, enamel dots and some torn, roughed up paper brought this layout together.
And don't forget one of the D-lish flairs!!!



Thank you Krisy for setting a very cool concept.
 I hope you loyal followers have a go at some of the very inspiring challenges set this month ( oh yer, I think I set one this month too 😝)
I'll catch you all tomorrow with a more calming layout for a Tuesday.
Em. Xx





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful layout with all kinds of beautiful embellishments.
    I love your goofy faces :-P

    ReplyDelete